NASHVILLE, Tenn. – It's conference championship week for the Belmont University track and field teams, and headed into the 2018 Ohio Valley Conference Indoor Championships a slew of Bruins are in positions to score points at the meet.
The top eight placers in each individual event will score team points at the OVC meet, which runs Friday and Saturday in Charleston, Ill., on the campus of Eastern Illinois University. Schools may enter up to four athletes in each individual event and two in the multi-event heptathlon and pentathlon.
The following are Belmont athletes whose times and distances rank in the top 15 in the conference during the regular indoor track season.
Belmont men in OVC top performances
5. Nate Nammour, jr., 22.17
14. Ben Weisel, jr., 1:57.03
4. Drake Mitchell, so., 1.95m (6-4.75)
14. Drake Mitchell, so., 6.46m (21-2.5)
Belmont women in OVC top performances
8. Payton Barlow, fr., 57.40
12. Kiera Weems, sr., 2:20.66
15. Ali White, fr., 10:14.61
7. Kortney Schardt, so., 17:28.92
11. Hannah Beth Moorhouse, jr., 1.62m (5-3.75)
7. Karly Hibbard, jr., 13.11m (43-0.25)
7. Alyssa Andersen, sr., 17.05m (55-11.25)