- Download the Bruin Rewards app for FREE! App Store | Google Play
- Join the MOB on Facebook
- Follow the MOB on Twitter
- See MOB images on Instagram
Belmont Bruins Head Basketball Coach, Rick Byrd calls the M.O.B. the "best student section in the OVC" at the 2015 NCAA Tournament Selection Show Watch Party. See for yourself!
From its inception in 1988 as the `BaCMO' (Belmont College Motivation Organization) to its renascence in 2001 as `The MOB' (Motivational Organization of Belmont), the Bruins now enjoy one of the most loyal and vocally intimidating student sections in the nation.
The brainchild of Belmont loyalist David Fish, The MOB inspires and motivates the entire Bruin program. Moreover, it has quickly become the signature piece of Belmont's decided home court edge. A membership group back then, the organization boasted over 1,000 MOBsters in the mid 2000's. Once nothing more than a few die-hard college basketball fans, now the MOB is a force to be reckoned with. Visitors beware.
Case in point, since the inaugural 2003-04 season in the Curb Event Center, Belmont men's basketball is 172-27, winning 86.4% of their home games (after the 17-18 season)! Those 172 wins represent the most home court wins in the Atlantic Sun Conference and Ohio Valley Conference over that span. Moreover, the Bruins are an astounding 122-14 (.897 winning percentage) in league games at the Curb Event Center. Furthermore, the women's basketball team has gone 40-2 in the Curb in since the 2015-16 season. Simply put, the MOB has contributed to a strong home-court advantage for over 15 years.
Now under the leadership of the MOB Council (a small group of incredibly loyal Belmont students), the MOB looks to continue its remarkable growth from the past decade. A shift took place as of 2013 and the MOB now is an all-inclusive representation of all students who attend and support the Bruins. By coming to games, you're a part of the MOB! Through all these years, it is still an unquestioned part of the campus social landscape.
The group is open to ALL students at Belmont, both undergraduate and graduate.
- MOB Memos - Weekly e-newsletter
- MOB gift
- Pre-game tailgates
- Priority tickets for Battle of the Boulevard, OVC Tournament and NCAA Tournament
ATHLETICS GAME DAY PROMOTIONS
- An exclusive, exciting incentive-based program for Belmont students
- Download the app by searching 'Bruin Rewards' in the App Store or Google Play
- Build your User Profile and click on Events to see upcoming games and matches
- Attend games and Check-In to accumulate points, then share your check-in on social for bonus points
- The more points you earn, the more prizes you unlock!
- Share/Like/Retweet in Social to earn bonus points
- Redeem your points for prizes at all home volleyball matches, women's basketball games and weekly in the Caf and BSLC at designated times.
- One Belmont student will be selected to take a half-court shot during a timeout at all home basketball games
- Make the shot and win a semester of tuition! Multiple winners can be awarded in a single season.
- If no one hits the shot all season long, all previous contestants are invited back where we will guarantee a winner!
- Student athletes not eligible to participate.
- A Belmont freshman class tradition that is now open to all students! View the 2016 FOTF high-five line HERE.
- The event features a pre-game pep rally & tailgate in the Beaman Lobby, followed by a lining of the basketball court to welcome in the Bruins at their first home game of the season
- The 2017 game will be Men vs. Lipscomb on 11/27/17
- Belmont students that attend the most Belmont games and check-in via Bruin Rewards may be selected to travel with the Bruins to the NCAA Tournament
- The more games you attend, the better your chances to win!
Ryman Hospitality presents: Belmont's Got Talent (Select Basketball Games)
- Winner receives a live performance at a Ryman Hospitality venue, and a live performance on WSM AM Radio! Runner-Up receives 1 free year subscription to Spotify.
- Game Play: Four contestants will be chosen and perform 90-second acoustic/solo songs in head-to-head matchups at each of WBB v SEMO on Jan. 31st and WBB v UT Martin on Feb. 2nd. Fan applause/noise will determine winners of each head-to-head semifinal, and 2 finalists will perform 90-second acoustic/solo songs at halftime of MBB v UT Martin on Feb. 2nd. Fan applause/noise will determine the Belmont's Got Talent champion.
- To enter the contest, you must be a Belmont University student and submit a 25 to 30-second video audition with your name and Facebook alias to BruinPromos@belmont.edu
- Deadline for video audition tapes is January 18th at 5pm. Video submissions will be posted individually on Instagram using BOTH the #BUGT2019 hashtag and tag @BelmontMOB. We will then repost your official entry video on the Belmont MOB Instagram page. The four official entries with the most LIKES by January 23rd at 4pm will earn the head-to-head live halftime performance match-ups. Final four will be announced on MOB social media and BelmontBruins.com.
- Belmont Athletics reserves the right to screen and approve all video submissions.