NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Belmont University student-athletes had another successful semester in the classroom as 2013 fall grades were announced late last month.
“It is so impressive to see our student-athletes continue
to succeed on a high level in the classroom,” said Mike
Strickland, Director of Athletics. “That success is
credited to our student-athletes, coaches, and academic support
areas who continue to maintain their commitment to academic
Other highlights from the fall semester included:
- 21 student-athletes earned a GPA of 4.00
- 46.09% earned Dean’s List honors (3.5 of higher)
- 81.64 earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All of the teams earned a GPA of 3.1 or higher.
The top-five team GPAs from the fall semester were as follows:
- Women’s Soccer – 3.671
- Volleyball – 3.610
- Women’s Tennis – 3.491
- Women’s Track and Field – 3.481
- Men’s Tennis – 3.480
In addition, three sports (women’s soccer, women’s tennis, and men’s tennis) had 100 percent of their student-athletes earn a 3.0 or higher.