MISSION AND VALUES STATEMENT
Belmont University's intercollegiate athletic program enhances campus life, promotes Belmont University while seeking to become the premier mid-major athletic department in the country as measured by our continued successes on and off the field of play. Our department challenges student-athletes from diverse backgrounds physically, intellectually and spiritually and enables them to engage and transform the world.
As a student-centered Christian community:
- We believe every student-athlete is unique;
- We believe in nurturing the development of each student-athlete by providing support and establishing mutual accountability;
- We promote academic integrity, provide academic support and student development opportunities and effectively integrating student-athletes into the student body;
- We believe in nurturing character development, leadership qualities, sportsmanship and academic excellence in our student-athletes;
- We foster mutual respect between coaches, staff and student-athletes;
- We believe in producing the best athletic teams possible to compete in NCAA Division I.
By converting these beliefs into action, we empower our student-athletes to engage and transform our city, the nation and the world.
As a community seeking to uphold Christian standards of morality and ethics, Belmont Athletics holds high ideals and expectations of each member of the athletic community. In upholding these ideals, Belmont Athletics proclaims these values:
- mutual respect and collaboration
- the worth of the individual
- personal integrity
- critical, independent thinking
- self control
- community responsibility and accountability