NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Belmont men's soccer head coach David Costa has announced the addition of three transfers to the 2019 recruiting class. The class now boasts a total of six transfers and four incoming freshmen with highly decorated backgrounds.
"We are thrilled to add these players to our recruiting class and look forward to integrating them into the Belmont men's soccer program in the coming weeks," Costa said. "Our staff targeted players who not only have a high level of ability, but also a tremendous level of character."
Nelson Donynath – So.
Defender / 6-0 / 167 pounds
Hometown: Geneva, Switzerland
Previous School: Louisburg College
- Started all 20 matches for Louisburg, helping the team to a 16-2-2 record and a Region 10 Championship in 2018
- Earned United Soccer Coaches First Team All-American honors (2018)
- Named to the United Soccer Coaches Scholar All-American Team (2018)
- Son of Carmen Donynath
Kyle Barks – So.
Midfielder / 5-11 / 175 pounds
Hometown: Wildwood, Mo.
Previous School: Indiana
- Rated as a three-star recruit and the seventh-ranked player in the Heartland Region by Top Drawer Soccer
- Was a part of the Missouri State Cup Championship winning St. Louis Scott Gallagher club in 2012
- Participated in Arsenal Football Club's elite training program in 2013
- Son of Greg and Kim Barks
Jordan Dozzi – Jr.
Forward / 6-6 / 220 pounds
Hometown: Brisbane, Australia
Previous School: Griffith (Australia)
- Notched a National High School Championship in his native country
- Member of the 2018 Peninsula Power Football Club, who tallied an unbeaten 23-0-1 record en route to a Queensland Premier League championship
- Represented Australia at the 2015 U-17 international tournament
- Son of Mark and Sharon Dozzi
In total, Costa and the Bruins staff brought in a stockpile of five midfielders, three defenders, one forward and a goalkeeper. The highly-touted 2019 recruiting class joins a squad of 12 returning players from the previous season. Donynath, Barks, and Dozzi will each be eligible to participate in team activities immediately.
2019 RECRUITING CLASS
|JP Armbruster||Nashville, Tenn.||MF||Louisville|
|Kyle Barks||Wildwood, Mo.||MF||Indiana|
|Tanner Carlson||Alpharetta, Ga.||MF||Alpharetta HS|
|Nelson Donynath||Geneva, Switzerland||D||Louisburg College|
|Jordan Dozzi||Brisbane, Australia||F||Griffith (Australia)|
|Reed Gentner||Austin, Texas||D||Lake Travis HS|
|Corey Lavinder||Bristol, Tenn.||MF||Christ School|
|Jack Shaw||Milwaukee, Wisc.||MF||Wisconsin|
|Ethan Shrewsbury||Austin, Texas||GK||Lake Travis HS|
|Marius Svendsen||Drammen, Norway||D||Herkimer CC|